Monday, November 9, 2009

Inexpensive Holiday Wreath

In years past, Brent has always been the one singing Christmas carols in July.  The thought of crowds and shopping was enough to send my anxiety in a tailspin!  So usually around October 31st, I would go out into the back yard and bury my head in the sandbox.  Well not this year!  I am so getting my craft on and now I can hardly wait for Christmas to come!  I already have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head!

So in preparation for this holiday season, I was perusing the ninety or so blogs that I like to follow and I came across this little number.

It was ridiculously easy to make!

I started at Dollar Tree and picked up these.  I got 4 sleeves of each color and ended up having about 15 ornaments left over.  Each sleeve was $1 and the roll of ribbon was $1.


Grabbed one of these from my mom



Carter helped me cut the strings off



Then I hot glued the tops so they wouldn't come off



Next I strung them on the hanger and Viola!!



Add a pretty ribbon and it's ready to hang!



Final price on Inexpensive Christmas Wreath

Ornaments              $16
Ribbon                    $1
Glue Sticks             $2
Total Price            $19


5 comments: